A downloadable game
Due to a sudden emergency concerning one of the key developers, we regret to inform you that we are postponing #BlockLivesMatter until further notice. In case there is any worry, the emergency was completely outside of the discussions happening around this project.
As is the nature of working with a small team, each member is vitally important and without each individual's contribution we wouldn't be able to bring you the game you would like to play, so we didn't feel we could deliver on the promises that we've made if we continued through Greenlight. We apologize for the inconvenience but hope you understand.
We would like to thank all of you for the support we've received during this short Greenlight campaign. We certainly didn't predict the tremendous amount of support we've received and are thankful for.
Introducing #BlockLivesMatter - a fast-paced, action-packed, first-of-a-kind, socially-aware, excessively-hyphenated, puzzle-shooter! Wreak havok as a crazed gun-block on the streets of New Block City as it's citizens scramble to put an end to your crusade. Watch the media turn against you while simultaneously revelling in your destructive rampage. Unlock additional game modes that change the very nature of the game while perhaps making you question your preconceived notions of what it means to be a block person in New Block City (If you've had notions about that in the past, but probably not)! #BlockLivesMatter is not just a game, it's a movement. And a hashtag. Join the discussion #BlockLivesMatter.
- Movement and shooting mechanic merges run and gun action with quick-thinking puzzle dynamics for a unique game experience.
- Minimalist, low-poly art style mixed with modern screen effects seamlessly blends retro-feel with modern visual fidelity.
- Heart-thumping audio that accentuates the action.
- Several weapons, power-ups, and modes that keep the gameplay fresh, with a lot more on the way.
- Innovative social media features that blend the line between player and spectator.
- Cultural sensitivity settings allow the player to customize the game to their own comfort levels.
#BlockLivesMatter is still in an early access alpha state, as a lot of the additional features are still being worked on. Things that you could look forward to in future releases are:
- Additional Levels
- Additional Weapons
- Graphical improvements
- Additional music and sound effects
- Local Co-Op multiplayer action
- Many more surprises!
As some of you may have noticed, the link to the itch.io alpha download has been down. We've been working on some issues that have cropped up as more people have been playing. We want you to have the best experience you can with the game, so please bear with us as we work them out!